40 Days for Life – Days 1 & 2
Socon or Bust list subscribers are welcome to follow on our campaign at http://www.40daysforlife.com/ottawa/
1) Ground Zero Report:
- Day 2 – Forgiveness Not Revenge September 28, 2012
It was cold and sunny at Ground Zero at about 11 am when I showed up. I brought my youngest daughter with me in a stroller. She was very good — she did not fuss for a whole hour as I walked back and forth on Bank Street. More»
- Day 1 – Tears of Joy September 27, 2012
I dropped by Ground Zero today (September 27th) after I had finished with an appointment. I listened to Eileen make the Proclamation of the Word. More»
Please be sure to send us your observations, reflections, and any other pertinent information you would like to share with the other 40 Days for Life Participants. Your identity will be kept anonymous.
Pictures: please also share any pictures of your experiences at Ground Zero with us, but PLEASE, when taking pictures, please be very discreet and expeditious. Take pictures of the vigilers only (with their permission). Nevertake pictures of our opponents (unless they are violent) or women going in for abortion.
2) Pro-Life News & Events:
- Life Chain sweeps the United States, Canada this Sunday
- Massive grassroots support for Status of Women Minister after pro-life vote
- Breaking: Tory MP files motion to condemn sex-selective abortions
- After motion’s defeat, Woodworth says he’ll‘travel the country’ to promote respect for unborn
- Friday Holy Hours at Our Lady of Fatima Church 5 -28 Oct in support of 40 Days for Life, Info Bernie:613-828-3636
- Action Life Fund Raiser With Brian Lilley – Sat. Nov.3. – Hottest Ticket in Pro-Life Ticket in Town!
3) Operations Report:
- It’s cold. Be sure to bundle up!
- On Sunday October 7, there will be a large crane working right in front of 65 Bank Street and the city has asked us to move closer to Bank and Sparks on that day.
4) Time Slot Report:
There are a lot of empty slots on the weekend. Please consider signing up and bringing along a friend! Email your list and get the word out! Lots of great things happening in the pro-life movement. Be part of the greatest human rights cause of all time.
Click here to view Vigil Calendar.
5) Scripture Proclamation: There are a lot of empty slots on the weekend. This is a spiritual battle. Do your part.
Click here to view Proclamation Calendar.
6) Theme Days (Remember These Groups In Your Prayers On the Day Specified):
Saturday, September 29, 2012 Fathers (Single Men)
Sunday, September 30, 2012 Abortionists
Monday, October 01, 2012 Aborted Children
Tuesday, October 02, 2012 Children Who Survived Abortions
Wednesday, October 03, 2012 Abortion Workers
Thursday, October 04, 2012 Politicians
Friday, October 05, 2012 Judges & Lawyers
Saturday, October 06, 2012 Motorists, Bus Passengers Passing By
Sunday, October 07, 2012 Abortionists
Monday, October 08, 2012 Aborted Children
Tuesday, October 09, 2012 Landlords of Abortion Mills
Wednesday, October 10, 2012 Sidewalk Counsellors
Thursday, October 11, 2012 Students for Life Across University Campuses (esp. Ottawa Students for Life / Carleton Lifeline)
Friday, October 12, 2012 The Meandering Pedestrian
Saturday, October 13, 2012 Fathers (Married Men)
Sunday, October 14, 2012 Abortionists
Monday, October 15, 2012 Aborted Children
Tuesday, October 16, 2012 School Teachers & Administrators
Wednesday, October 17, 2012 Abortion Appliance Manufacturers
Thursday, October 18, 2012 Businesses Surrounding Abortuaries
Friday, October 19, 2012 Mayor, Councillors
Saturday, October 20, 2012 Police
Sunday, October 21, 2012 Abortionists
Monday, October 22, 2012 Aborted Children
Tuesday, October 23, 2012 Catholic Bishops & Priests
Wednesday, October 24, 2012 Evangelical Pastors
Thursday, October 25, 2012 Orthodox Bishops & Priests
Friday, October 26, 2012 University Professors and the “Intelligencia”
Saturday, October 27, 2012 Unsympathetic Family Members
Sunday, October 28, 2012 Abortionists
Monday, October 29, 2012 Aborted Children
Tuesday, October 30, 2012 The Media
Wednesday, October 31, 2012 Pro-Abort Protestors, Opponents & Attackers
Thursday, November 01, 2012 Grandparents
Friday, November 02, 2012 Boyfriends
Saturday, November 03, 2012 Lukewarm Christians
Sunday, November 04, 2012 Abortionists
40 Days for Life Ottawa